Tragen Sie sich ein, um Updates über all die großartige Arbeit zu erhalten, die wir hier bei KAT leisten.
No matter where in the world you are located you can still help out the KAT Centre with a donation. If you can’t donate yourself, please consider starting a fundraiser on our behalf.
Money goes a long way in Nepal and as a charity working on a relatively low budget for the past 14 years, we have learnt to use donations as efficiently as possible.
All of our finances are audited by the Charity Commission in the United Kingdom and if you want your donation to go towards something in particular, such as food, toys, or construction, we will be glad to work with you.
If you are unable to donate money, don’t worry! You can still contribute to our work by donating items or by volunteering your time and expertise.
The most convenient and accessible way of donating is through PayPal. Donating via PayPal is safe and secure.
Even if you do not have a PayPal account, you can use a credit card from pretty much anywhere in the world to donate to the KAT Centre through PayPal.
After donating you will receive a personalised ‘thank you’ message from our staff.
For our friends in the USA wanting to donate in US dollars specifically (or with tax benefits), we have an alternative option – to donate through our new 501(c)3 registered supporter organisation in the United States.
KAT US was established in August of 2020 to be a US-based supportive arm and subsidiary organization of Kathmandu Animal Treatment Center. (KAT-UK) We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and our Tax ID number is 85-2575516. We are a small but passionate group of volunteers working to support the work of KAT UK in bettering the lives and easing suffering of street animals in Nepal.
This option is currently turned off due to technical issues with our bank in Nepal. Please stay tuned for when we reintroduce it.
If you would like to donate directly to our bank account, please contact us for an alternative option.
As a registered charity in England and Wales, we have several options for making donations if you are in the UK. These are generally managed by our trustee Roger Palmer, who is our voluntary treasurer. To donate by bank transfer please use the following details:
Kathmandu Animal Treatment Centre, UK
Account No. 82151016
Sort code 60-23-35
BIC NWBK GB 2L
IBAN GB66 NWBK 6023 3582 1510 16
Cheques can be made payable to the Kathmandu Animal Treatment Centre UK and sent to the address below:
Roger Palmer, Treasurer
24 Wyke Road, Weymouth, Dorset. DT4 9QF, U.K.
Telephone: +44 1305 777168
Email: [email protected]
You can also effortlessly donate to KAT every month! To set up a standing order for recurring donations by bank transfer, please ask for our standing order form.
If you are a UK tax payer, please also consider completing our Gift Aid Form – this allows us to claim back tax on every pound that you donate.
- In Germany you can donate to us through our partner BetterPlace. This has the benefit of being tax-deductible in Germany (and other applicable countries). This page is managed by Foerderverein KAT in Germany.
- You can also support KAT by shopping with your favourite retailers through WeCanHelp – many popular outlets are supported including IKEA, Lidl and DECATHLON, and it doesn’t cost you any extra than you would normally spend.
- And finally, the KAT Centre MasterCard with many advantages.
Order a free KAT Centre MasterCard and KAT Centre get €25. If we find 40 supporters together, we can be sure of €1,000! Donate a small amount with every payment, with no annual fee, no fee for foreign transactions, and no hidden charges to your bank account. German residence required.
- Amazon for German donors: we are also represented at Amazon! For every €1 you spend KAT will receive 0.5% – with no extra cost to you. Please follow this link to support us while shopping!
- Amazon Smile: For every purchase you make through Amazon Smile, KAT will receive 0.5% – with no extra cost to you. Please follow this link and select the Kathmandu Animal Treatment Centre as your favourite charity. In order for it to work, you will need to add ‘http://smile.amazon.com’ (or .co.uk/.de depending on your country) to your bookmarks and start on that page next time you do your shopping. This could potentially be a huge help to us so we really appreciate if you can do this.
- eBay for Charity: Another option you may want to consider is, when selling on eBay, selecting ‘Donate a portion to charity’ – the benefits to you are that you will save some of your listing fees, and your item will be highlighted as being a charity listing, attracting more viewers and potential buyers. You can choose to donate anywhere between 10% and 100% of the items final value fee.
For those who want to support the work that the KAT Centre does, there are also possibilities for donating items as well as cash.
Some people prefer to donate items as it allows them to choose exactly how they want their donation to be spent, and makes use of potentially unwanted or unused items that they would otherwise have no use for.
We make use of all kinds of different things at KAT, and any of these items that you are able to spare will save us money, allowing to spend even more on the animals that depend on our help.
- Dried and tinned animal food of all kinds.
- Toys, leads, collars, brushes, bowls and blankets.
- Cleaning products, shampoos, paints, paintbrushes.
- Unused medicines of all kinds, human and animal.
- Bandages, tissues, gloves, needles, syringes and suturing threads.
- Dog/cat crates and carrying cases.
- Building materials; bricks, cement, sheets of metal.
If you are in Nepal and would like to donate some items to us, please simply bring them along to our centre. If you are unable to transport the items in your car, please contact us and we may be able to collect them from you.
If you are living abroad, it is possible to send a parcel to Nepal where it will be collected by one of our staff members. For the UK, it is often possible to send donations to one of our UK volunteers who are scheduled to be flying to Nepal, they will take the items for you and save you the cost of shipping.
Our mailing address is:
Kathmandu Animal Treatment Centre
GPO Box 8975, EPC 410,